What's next for HR?
The Ibec HR Leadership Summit 2022 explored the critical role of HR in strategically driving the business forward. Set against a background of continuous disruption, Ibec convened a panel of renowned international academics, CEOs and HRDs to look at strategic business priorities with a lens on the implications for performance, competitiveness, and reputation.
This year's Summit explored ‘What’s next for HR?’
On the agenda:
- Maeve McElwee Ibec’s Director of Employer Relations discussed navigating the paradoxes of HR. How HR leaders need to balance the tension inherent between the rigors of employment rights legislation on the one hand and driving a culture of engagement and flexibility for the individual employee and the other.
- Megan Reitz, Professor of Leadership and Dialogue, Hult International Business School discussed the consequences of the ‘conversational habits’ that develop within workplaces, and how this impacts innovation, integrity and inclusion. As businesses globally experience the rise of employee activism, Reitz advised leaders why it's imperative to learn when and how to respond.
- Kerry McLaverty, CEO and Lauri Cryan, Head Human Resources at Laura Lynn presented LauraLynn’s case study on Winning the hearts and minds and creating a sense of purpose, living values and engagement.
- Graeme Codrington, a Futurist contributed remotely from South Africa and encouraged delegates to explore the Future of Work and People, while examining the role of HR across 8 key strategic issues that need to be dealt with now and into the future.
- Danny McCoy, CEO, Ibec discussed why The ‘S’ in ESG is fast becoming the more significant pillars to focus on, which encompasses social and human capital, with the most crucial factors including human rights, diversity and inclusion, equity, health & safety, and wellbeing. Businesses that manage social and human capital effectively will succeed in creating long-term value for the organisation.
- Mark Mortensen, Associate Professor of Organisational Behaviour, INSEAD discussed working in the metaverse and how that will influence the HR function and the employee life cycle, including recruitment and onboarding, employee engagement, and learning and development. Mark provoked thinking about new realities of the future, the challenges and benefits they will bring and why it is vital for leaders to think about social sustainability.
Download full agenda here
Speakers / International thought leaders
HR Director, Microsoft Ireland
Associate Professor of Organisational Behaviour, INSEAD
Professor of Leadership and Dialogue, Hult International Business School
Ibec is committed to protecting your information. We use the personal data you provide when registering to administer your participation in the event or training course. For more information about how Ibec deals with your personal data, please read our privacy statement.
Any cancellations received in writing up to 5 business days prior to the event are refundable. All bookings are provisional until full payment is received.
There may be a photographer and videographer at the event and we may publish images from this event on our website(s) and on our social media accounts.