Session 1: Our story of economic substance - what makes Ireland unique
Ireland is the best example of EU success for a small open economy built on a globalised business model. The panel discussion explores the substance of the activity taking place in Ireland and the future of Ireland’s business model, given that it is facing significant uncertainty post Brexit and an anti-globalisation trend emerging worldwide.
- Danny McCoy, CEO, Ibec
- Peter Barrett, CEO, SMBC Aviation Capital
- Margot Slattery, Country President, Sodexo Ireland
- Ruth Curran, Managing Partner, MERC Partners
Session 2: Changing times - The impact of geopolitical factors on international business
The panel discussion explores the economic year ahead, from the impact of Brexit, reforms in China to political populism, global insecurity and Russia’s role in the world.
- Janan Ganesh, Columnist, Financial Times
- Sherman Katz, Senior Advisor, CSPC
- Dearbhaill McDonnald, Group Business Editor, Independent News and Media
- Noelle O Connell, Executive Director, European Movement Ireland
Session 3: Competing in the age of disruption
The panel discussion looks at how disruptive innovation is transforming industries, revolutionising the modern business workplace and driving the dynamism in our shared economies. The panel also discuss the rise of the sharing economy and the gig economy.
- Vicky Godolphin, Head of Digital, Accenture Ireland
- Adrian Wooldridge, Bagehot Columnist and Management Editor, The Economist
- John Mahony, Group CEO, ReputationInc