Every Ibec member has access to an Ibec advisor through our Knowledge Centre or Advocacy Service who will learn about your business and work closely with you to resolve your issues in people management. Our advisors will:
- reduce your exposure to penalties by walking you through the intricacies of employment law;
- provide you with expert assistance and representation in difficult negotiations and minimise the risk of time-consuming disputes;
- work with you to review your pay roll costs and manage the implications of national wage agreements;
- update you on the latest developments in human resources, with the aim of building a high-performance culture in your organisation.
Negotiation and representation
Your advisor provides expert advice on difficult grievance, disciplinary and other industrial relations/human resource issues. They will:
represent your organisation in negotiations with trade unions and at industrial relations institutions;
- guide you in dealing with the Workplace Relations Commission;
- represent you at the Workplace Relations Commission including the Adjudication Service and Labour Court;
- advise you on revising productivity agreements, consulting with employees and challenging custom and practice.
HR best practice
Your advisor together with the employee relations information service will work with you on your people management practices. They will support you to:
- build a high-performance culture;
- benchmark your HR practices against other organisations in Ireland;
- engage with employees in managing change;
- maximise the benefits of a diverse workforce;
- improve your people-management practices by applying best practice and learning from case studies.