What we do
- We provide information and gather data/feedback from members on impacts of EU/national policy and regulatory developments of interest.
- We facilitate members to network, share information and find common policy approaches. We raise members views, concerns and queries with relevant high level policy makers and influencers e.g. Government and regulators on an all-island basis.
How Ibec develops energy policy
Energy policy in Ibec is formulated through the Energy Policy Committee, which meets on a quarterly basis. The Committee represents a broad cross section of Irish enterprises, indigenous and multinational, that are affected by energy legislation and policy at national, EU and international level. The following groups feed into the work of the Ibec Energy Policy Committee:
- Climate Change Working Group
- Large Energy Users Working Group
- Energy Efficiency Working Group
- Energy Providers Working Group