Getting Data Protection Ready
Overview of the GDPR
· Key definitions and scope
· Processing of personal data
· Risk based implementation
· Sanctions and compensation
Employers’ increased obligations under GDPR
· Data protection by design
· Data retention
· Policies and procedures
· Data security – legal obligations
Employees’ enhanced rights under GDPR
· Enhanced rights for individuals
· Data access
· Right to compensation
Data Protection Officers
· Do we need a DPO?
· Role of the DPO
· Suitability of the DPO
Data Protection Impact Assessments
· When do we need to carry out an impact assessment?
· Carrying out an impact assessment
· Consultation with the Data Protection Commissioner
Security of data
· Introduction to Information Systems Security
· Analysis of the current risks
· Risk mitigation practices
· Prepare for the inevitable – the breach
Preparing for GDPR
· What to do between now and May 2018
· Conducting a data protection audit
· Further guidance
What will you learn?
The General Data Protection Regulation, a ground breaking piece of data protection legislation, will come into force on 24 May 2018. It will impact significantly on every HR practitioner as it enhances data protection rights of employees, imposes onerous obligations on employers and introduces severe financial penalties for non-compliance.
Now is the time to get GDPR ready and take steps to prepare. To help you do this, we will provide you with detailed insight into the implications of the GDPR, advising particularly on the considerations which are most relevant to HR practitioners.
We will provide a comprehensive overview of employers’ increased obligations and employees’ enhanced rights. William Maher will advise companies on their possible need for a Data Protection Officer and the considerations for carrying out data protection impact assessments. Tom Brett will provide guidance on ensuring the security of data held by businesses. Finally, we will set out a step by step guide on preparing for the GDPR’s arrival in May 2018.
|Ibec, Donegal||November 24, 2017|| |
|TBC - Dublin, Dublin||February 15, 2018|| |
|Radisson Blue, Limerick||February 22, 2018 || |
|TBC - Dublin, Dublin||March 22, 2018 || |
|TBC - Dublin, Dublin||April 6, 2018|| |
|TBC - Dublin, Dublin||May 3, 2018 || |
Did you know that all Ibec members* can avail of significant savings on all Ibec Training courses
* Make sure you have your username and password details
Course Fact File
Donegal, Dublin, Limerick
- Course fee:
Member rate: €330
Non-member rate: €400
* Cost quoted per person
- Pay by credit card online here;
- Pay by invoice: email email@example.com and provide a valid PO number to secure the booking.