Companies increasingly view training and development as a way to improve services to customers and control costs through raising the capability of employees. This publication analyses how the results of training are most marked when training is integrated with the wider HR and business strategy. The guide examines the role of the line manager, sources of resistance at individual and company level and mechanisms to overcome barriers. It looks at the challenges in applying learning, the emphasis on talent management and the evidence of a growth in coaching.
The Essential Guide to Building People Capability
1. Introduction to building people capability
2. The busienss case for strategic training and development
3. Formulating a training and development strategy
4. Training and development trends and practices
5. Best practice case sudies
6. Future developments
This publication is available free to Ibec members in the Employer Services section of the Ibec website.