Pay trend data 2016
08/08/2016 - A total of 364 companies responded to the HR update survey, on which data in relation to pay is collected. This survey was conducted in April 2016, and provides details of the pay intentions of respondent companies in relation to basic pay in the current year, 2016. Almost a third of respondents (31%) expected their basic pay rates to stay the same in 2016, while the remaining 69% expected their pay rates to increase. Across the 250 companies where pay is expected to increase, the median increase expected was 2%.
HRUpdate - Issue 2 2015
27/11/2015 - In this issue, we look ahead to current plans on pay rates, recruitment, strategic HR initiaives, workplace flexibility and developing and retaining talent. Throughout the report we also highlight interesting sector differences.
HR Update - Issue 1 2015
19/08/2015 - In the HR Update Issue 1 of 2015 we examine likely changes to basic pay rates and total pay bills among our almost 400 respondent companies. With growth beginning to emerge in the economy we explore whether or not employers are likely to employ additional staff in the coming six months, and how many are looking at improving workforce flexibility or reskilling existing employees.
HR Update December 2014 - Pay
21/01/2015 - Data was collected in November 2014 in relation to companies’ pay expectations for 2014 and 2015. A total of 462 companies responded to the survey overall. The key findings are attached below:
HR Update - June 2014
13/06/2014 - The HR Update Issue 1, 2014 Ibec HR Update survey on pay and strategic people management found that employers are operating in line with their pay plans for this year, with half expecting to increase pay.
HRUpdate - Autumn 2013
16/10/2013 - The Autumn 2013 survey found that more employers are considering pay increases in 2014 than in 2013, and that companies are implementing a variety of measures to support innovation and cost management.
HR Update - Spring 2013
16/05/2013 - The Spring 2013 HR update survey collected responses from 412 senior HR contacts in IBEC member companies on trends in pay and employment, people management priorities, the composition of the HR function, as well as details around HR priorities for 2013 and an update on retirement policies within companies.
HR Update - Autumn 2012
11/10/2012 - Ibec's second issue of HR Update surveyed 517 senior HR contacts in IBEC member companies on trends in pay and employment, performance management and engagement, and the business impact of statutory sick pay.
HR Update - Spring 2012
12/06/2012 - The Spring 2012 issue of HR update surveyed 549 senior HR contacts in Ibec member companies on trends in pay and employment, people management priorities, the risks to benefits such as occupational sick pay and medical insurance schemes, and the likely effects of statutory sick pay and new agency workers legislation. Future surveys will continue to capture pay and reward trends and will address the critical issues of performance, engagement, and the HR function in more depth.