The attached infographic shows how 1 in 4 of us will experience a mental health problem each year as well as the effect stigma around mental health can have on individuals across Ireland. Often employers express concerns about what they should do or say if an employee raises a mental health concern but it's important to remember it's not necessary to be an expert or to have all the answers to start talking about mental health. Ibec, in collaboration with See Change, produced a useful Line Manager's Guide to Mental Health and Wellbeing to assist employers in supporting their teams, raising awareness and reducing stigma around mental health and wellbeing. We also have numerous links to experts in the field who have further advice and supports to offer.
Throughout May, hundreds of local and national events will take place as part of the Green Ribbon national calendar. This social movement to encourage a national conversation about mental health is led by 90 partner organisations, hundreds of volunteers and an unprecedented 50 campaign ambassadors with real-life experience of mental health problems ready to share their own stories to help others and end stigma.
- Attached are some of the banners and posters that you can download to show your support for Green Ribbon and mental health conversations with further information available from http://www.greenribbon.ie/show-your-support.
In reality, sometimes the first step and the most helpful thing you can do is to let someone know that you are there and simply listen. Are you ready to start your conversation? http://www.greenribbon.ie/start-the-conversation
- green-ribbon-time-to-talk.jpg - 78 Kbytes
- email-banner.jpg - 39 Kbytes
- poster-be-the-change.jpg - 288 Kbytes
- Mental health and wellbeing -guide.pdf - 1,409 Kbytes
Friday, 12 June 2015