The 12 identified challenges for sustainable development are list below. Many of these are also reflected in the business sustainability agenda.
- Public finances and economic resilience
- Consumption and production
- Conservation and management of natural resources
- Climate change and clean energy
- Social inclusion, sustainable communities and spatial planning
- Public health
- Education, communication and behaviour change
- Innovation, research and development
- Skills and training
- Global poverty and development
The document is currently in draft form and is being consulted on. IBEC will be making a submission and all input from members is most welcome.