In summary, the event tried to capture how we compare internationally in terms of cost, analysed certain gifts in the hands of the user to influence their individual energy spend and ended with a debate on the role and responsibilities of the government in addressing competitiveness.
The final session concluded that an outside of the market support mechanism to kick when prices exceed the EU average may alleviate competitiveness challenges for Large Energy Users.
The presentations are listed below.
- Ibec Electricity & Gas Prices - Martin Howley.pdf - 3,469 Kbytes
- An overview of energy prices - John Heffernan.pdf - 1,761 Kbytes
- The power system and demand side participation - Martin McCarthy, EirGrid.pdf - 2,155 Kbytes
- GSK Cork Energy Reduction Programme - Ed Collins.pdf - 3,244 Kbytes
- CER new electricity market design - Laura Brien.pdf - 658 Kbytes
- What should the Irish Government do to improve energy competitiveness - Neil Walker.pdf - 124 Kbytes
- Agenda.pdf - 49 Kbytes
Thursday, 12 June 2014