Ibec is actively responding, both directly and indirectly with its European colleagues in Business Europe, to policy consultations on the implementation of several aspects of the DSM Strategy.
An effective DSM framework is important to Irish business and our competitiveness. The responses are laid out below.
- Ibec response (17/07/16) to a proposed Geoblocking Regulation
- Ibec response (19/07/16) to a proposed CPC Regulation
- Ibec presentation (08/09/16) to Vice President Andrus Ansip, European Commission Project Leader for the Digital Single Market strategy, Ibec industry round-table with VP, Dublin
- Ibec presentation (11/11/16) to Věra Jourová, European Commissioner for Justice, Consumers and Gender Equality, Ibec industry round-table with Commissioner, Dublin
- Ibec response (24/11/16) to the European Commission's proposal of a European Electronic Communications Code to review and update the EU's telecommunication regulatory framework,
- Ibec response (24/03/17 and 9/08/17) to the European Commission's proposed ePrivacy Regulation (EPR)
- Ibec response (21/04/17) to the European Commission's Communication, ' Building a European Data Economy'
- Ibec letter (31/08/17) to the Taoiseach and Irish Government on the mid-term review of the Digital Single Market and the Estonian EU Presidency Digital Summit, Tallinn, 29 September, 2017
To read these Ibec submissions, please click on the attached files below.
- Ibec on consultation_geoblocking_proposal180716.pdf - 239 Kbytes
- Ibec_consultation on CPC reDSM190716.pdf - 134 Kbytes
- EU Telecoms Review 241116.pdf - 274 Kbytes
- E_Privacy 240317.pdf - 278 Kbytes
- EU Building European Data Economy 210417.pdf - 930 Kbytes
- Ibec_VPAnsip 080916.pdf - 1,025 Kbytes
- Ibec_EC Jourova 111116.pdf - 1,029 Kbytes
- IbectoDCCAE_epr240317.pdf - 278 Kbytes
- Letter to An Taoiseach Leo Varadkar.pdf - 291 Kbytes