Our vision for a digital single market
A digital single market where policy makers understand and respond to the needs of business is more important than ever if Europe is to return to a path of strong economic growth that creates opportunities and choice for our citizens. Europe needs an accessible, secure, outward looking single market that embeds and encourages digitalisation as an enabler of greater connectivity, innovation, investment, competitiveness, growth, global trade and greater choice in goods and services.
Our priorities for a digital single market
The rate of technological and behavioural change in our increasingly digital age can often outpace policy and regulatory processes. Therefore EU policy makers need to develop a flexible, outcome-based policy framework that avoids undue regulatory burden or obsolescence. The EU digital single market framework should unlock the positive potential of a digital economy for businesses and consumers alike. EU policy makers must work with business to develop a digital single market framework that:
- secures trust through smart regulation and by boosting awareness of the positive potential of data usage;
- ensures the free flow of data;
- unlocks a pro-investment climate in digital infrastructure to improve access and connectivity;
- encourages continued investment in quality digital content for consumers;
- develops skills, encourages talent and promotes innovation; and
- encourages e-commerce by boosting awareness of its benefits and by cutting red tape.
To read the comprehensive Ibec report, please click on the attached file below.
- Ibec_A Digital Single Market that Works.pdf - 903 Kbytes